Fairfax High School welcomes five new inductees to its athletic hall of fame this month. The new members will be celebrated before the boys basketball game on Jan. 25.
Here's a list of the new inductees:
- Richard (Dick) Claypool: Outstanding football coach 1962-1978
- Steve Alvis, Class of 1967: Outstanding football, basketball and track and field athlete
- Mike Hickson, Class of 1967: Outstanding football and basketball player
- Dana Henry, Class of 1985: Outstanding field hockey, track & field and softball player
- John Eastman, Class of 1998: Outstanding wrestler
Community members can get in on the party by purchasing FHS Athletic Hall of Fame dinner and ceremony tickets by Jan. 22., according to Bob Cavaliere, chairman of the Board of Trustees of the FHS Athletic Hall of Fame. The tickets cost $20 each and get you access to the hall of fame events as well as the night's basketball game against Langley High School.
The dinner starts at 5:45 p.m., followed by the cermony in the FHS Auxiliary Gym. Basketball action starts at 7:30 p.m.
You can purchase tickets by sending a $20 check made out to Fairfax High School Athletic Boosters attention to Director of Student Activities Nancy Melnick to 3501 Rebel Run, Fairfax Va. 22030.