UPDATE (3:12 a.m.): Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road) between Braddock Road and University Drive may be closed for the Obama event from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., according to George Mason University.
President Barack Obama will speak Friday morning at George Mason University's Recreation and Athletic Complex. Here's what to expect if you plan on going or just passing through.
- Try to avoid driving on Braddock Road and Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road/Ox Road) this morning. Doors open at 8:30 a.m. It's not clear yet when Obama is expected to speak.
- Patriot Circle from George Mason Boulevard to Mason Pond Drive will be closed between 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Friday.
- There will be free event parking in Lots J, K and Rappahannock River Parking Deck. Limited disabled parking will be available at the Patriots Village lot across from the Mason Inn.
- Lot I and Patriots Village will be closed until Friday at 3 p.m.
- On-street parking on George Mason Boulevard near Thompson Hall will be closed.
Planning to ride the shuttle in and around Mason? Expect delays. The Recreation and Athletic Complex shuttle stop will be closed until 3 p.m. Friday. The Campus Circulator shuttle won't run from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
Information provided by George Mason University. Check Patch for live updates from the event.