Today's crime news includes:
- Eluding Police, Jermantown Road and Fairfax Boulevard: A driver caught officer attention when he allegedly drove recklessly in circles along Jermantown Road and Fairfax Boulevard at around 1:50 a.m. last Wednesday. He refused to pull over when the officer initiated a traffic stop. Rashad Mohammed Altweijri, 18, of Cavalier Court was charged with felony eluding police, reckless driving and driving without a license and transported to the Adult Detention Center once he finally came to a stop in a neighborhood street. He was held on bond.
- Vandalism, : A woman was arrested for allegedly breaking a Breezeway trash can during an argument with her boyfriend at around 11:30 p.m. last Tuesday. She was charged with destruction of property.
- Vandalism, 3200 Block of Old Lee Highway: A man reported seeing numerous scratches appearing on his 1997 Pontiac Grand AM over a two-week period. He went to police for help last Tuesday.
- Attempted Identity Theft, 3900 Block of Bradwater Street: A Bradwater Street resident was contacted several times by someone pretending to be a credit card company. The person said that they needed information to verify his personal account. The resident went to police on July 9. He did not give out his information.
- Trespassing, : Ramesh Kumar Bhaskaran Nair, 38, of no fixed address, was arrested after he allegedly made his way into the restaurant's kitchen and started yelling at around 5:40 p.m. on July 8. He was charged with trespassing, failing to obey a lawful order by a police officer and drunk in public. He was held without bond.
- Larceny, 9400 Block of Fairfax Boulevard: Someone(s) stole a large amount of cash from a freezer. The victim contacted police at 3:41 p.m. on July 8.
Information provided by City of Fairfax Police Department. Call 703-385-7960 with any tips.