Bob’s Discount Furniture invites the communities of Fairfax, Va., and Waldorf, Md., to the grand opening celebrations of its two new stores in each of those locations. These events mark the fourth and fifth Washington, D.C.-area stores opened by the company since 2011. To extend its gratitude to the Fairfax and Waldorf communities, Bob’s will present checks totaling $25,500 to 15 area schools at the event as part of the company’s Outreach program.
WHAT: Grand Openings – Bob’s New Stores in Fairfax, Va., and Waldorf, Md.
– Bob’s President and co-founder Bob Kaufman will participate in the Waldorf store ribbon cutting with local dignitaries.
– At the same time, Cathy Poulin, the company’s public relations director, will take part in the Fairfax store ribbon cutting with local dignitaries.
– Bob and Cathy will present a total of $25,500 to 15 local schools for arts and education programs, including two $6,000 checks to representatives from Waldorf’s Westlake High School and Fairfax’s Greenbriar West Elementary School
– Kids entertainment, including balloons and face painting, will be available.
– Complimentary refreshments from the stores’ cafes will be served.
WHEN: Each store’s grand opening celebration begins at 9:45 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 14.
WHERE: Bob’s Discount Furniture, Greenbriar Shopping Center
13055A Lee Jackson Memorial Highway
Bob’s Discount Furniture
3015 Festival Way
WHO: News media and the public are welcome to attend.
About Bob’s Discount Furniture
Bob’s Discount Furniture provides quality furniture at everyday low prices, along with a unique and enjoyable shopping experience featuring cafes in each store with free gourmet coffee, ice cream, fresh-baked cookies and candy. Since 1991, Bob’s has built strong customer loyalty by offering the highest-value home furnishings at the lowest possible prices. With 45 stores located throughout New England, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and Virginia, the Manchester, Conn.-based company has become the 15th-largest U.S. furniture chain. Bob’s is committed to supporting communities where its stores are located through a variety of charitable giving efforts. Bob’s Discount Furniture Charitable Foundation has anchored the company’s philanthropic work for more than 15 years. In addition, the Bob’s Outreach program was created as a separate entity to help schools and children’s-related charities. Every year the company donates more than $100,000 to schools and more than $1.5 million to charities through these programs. To find out more about Bob’s Discount Furniture, visit www.mybobs.com. For more information on Bob’s charitable programs, visit http://bobscares.org, and follow us on Twitter @MyBobs_Charity and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/mybobs.