President Barack Obama will speak Friday morning at George Mason University's Center for the Arts. Here's what to expect if you plan on going or just passing through.
Traffic and parking:
- Try to avoid driving on Braddock Road and Route 123 (Chain Bridge Road/Ox Road) this morning. The event starts at around 10:45 a.m. but doors open at 8:30 a.m.
- There will be free event parking in Lots A, K and L.
- Additional parking will be available, for a fee, in the Shenandoah and Rappahannock River parking decks.
- Mason Pond Drive and Mason Pond Parking Deck will be closed to parking and thru traffic from 11 p.m. Thursday to 2 p.m. Friday.
For those who want to go:
- You can bring your camera to the event, but try to keep belongings to a minimum.
- No signs or banners will be allowed inside the building.
- Tickets are free on a first-come first-serve basis. You can pick them up at the Fairfax Obama campaign office at 11215-P Lee Highway (behind the Fairfax Centre shopping center).
- Only two tickets allowed per customer. You must provide the name and contact information for the second person attending the event.
Information provided by George Mason University. Check Patch for live updates from the event.