What's going on in Fairfax City this weekend? Keep reading to find out.
- Rise and Fall: Stop by the Friday night for a live performance from Rise and Fall. Listen to their music here.
- Sadplant, Walk the Plank, and High Fives and Hell Yeahs: There will be three live performances at The Old Firestation No. 3 Friday night. Click here to listen to sadplant, here for Walk the Plank, and here for High Fives and Hell Yeahs. 18+ show. Doors open at 10 p.m.
- Bingo: offers bingo every Friday night at Fire Station No. 3. Starts at 7:15 p.m.
- Bonita Lestina Performance Series: City of Fairfax Commission on the Arts presents Dave Anderson and Mike Wingo. Free event. , 8-10 p.m.
- Meet the Candidates: Chat with Chap Petersen, David Bulova and Stan Berry at the , 2-4 p.m. Hosted by the League of Women Voters of the Fairfax Area. for a list of all the league's candidate meet-and-greet events this week.
- Farmer's Market: The Community Farmer's Market runs every Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. behind Wachovia Bank and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Fairfax Surf Shop parking lot.
- Woody's Fall Jubilee: Stop by Woody's Ice Cream in downtown Fairfax to enjoy ice cream, food, costume contest, moon bounce, classic car show and more. Located behind Auld Shebeen in the ice cream parlor's . Free event. 1-4 p.m.
- Civil War Interpretive Center Series: Jari Villanueva will talk about the Civil War military bugle and the origins of Taps. Historic Blenheim, 2-4 p.m.
- Dance with Glen Miller Orchestra: City of Fairfax Parks and Recreation Department hosts a live 1960s swing style performance from the Glen Miller Orchestra. Dancers can learn the basics of swing with a beginner lesson at 7 p.m. Wear your vintage attire. Dancing continues until 10:30 p.m. Stacy C. Sherwood Center, 7-10:30 p.m. Get tickets here.
- "Antiques Road Show" for Old Books: Owner of the bookstore, Bookworm & Silverfish, Jim Presgraves will evaluate old books for members of the audience. Want to see if your old book is worth anything? There's a $5 fee per book. Hosted by the Friends of the Virginia Room. , meeting room A/B, 2-4 p.m.
- NRBK and Heather Haze: There will be two live performances at The Old Firestation No. 3 Sunday night. Click here to listen to NRBK and here for Heather Haze. All ages show. Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Vicente Fernandez: Live at the . This performance features Edith Marquez. Doors open at 6 p.m. Tickets start at $63.