This month's top headlines include a hit-and-run, naked biker, pit bull lovers, coyotes, an empty gas station and plans to build a bus lot at the tank farm.
For more on each story, click the links below. Stories are listed in order of popularity as of August 31.
Pit Bulls were once loved and revered in America. How did they become so maligned in today's society?
- Like to eat out in Fairfax City?
- The 62-year-old man of no fixed address was attempting to cross in the 9800 block of Fairfax Boulevard.
- Hill Street man arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
- A Fairfax woman was playing fetch with her 6-year-old Labrador retriever when three coyotes teamed up on the dog, biting its back legs.
- Fairfax City Officer Joseph Nunemaker stumbled across the three men while off duty.
- A woman screamed and cursed at a man and his friend in the Pickett Road McDonald's parking lot.
- Virginia woman says the commander of the USS Pittsburgh faked his death to escape an affair.
- Though city officials say latest plan is best option, Comstock HOA cites safety, environmental concerns in opposition to proposal.
- What would you like to see next to Providence Square?