Looking for something to do with Mom or Mrs. this Sunday? Check out these Mother's Day special events in and around Fairfax City.
Did I miss something? Post your addition in the comments or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mother's Day Tea with the Victorian Dance Ensemble
Tea, treats, dance presentations and music by 17th Va. Infantry, Co. D, "Fairfax Rifles." Please note: this event will be held at the Civil War Interpretive Center at Historic Blenheim. It costs $8 per person, and proceeds benefit Historic Blenheim.
2 p.m., Historic Blenheim, 3610 Old Lee Highway Reservations are required: 703-385-8414.
Mother's Day Cruise on Lake Accotink
Treat your mother to a special day at lovely Lake Accotink Park! Cruises leave the dock at 1, 3, 5, and 6 p.m. Sit back and listen while staff members share interesting facts about the history of the park, the lake and the surrounding area. Refreshments served on board. The boarding is fee is $4 for moms, $7 for other adults, and $4 for children ages three and up. To reserve a time, call 703-569-0285.
Lake Accotink Park, boats go out at 1, 3, 5 and 6 p.m.
Mason Music Scholarship Benefit Concert
Student winners of the annual Concerto Competition perform as soloists with the Symphony Orchestra. The Orchestra, University Singers, Chorale and Women's Chorale perform the Bruckner "Te Deum" as the finale.
Center for the Arts, 7-9 p.m. Tickets are $20 general admission/$15 students and seniors.
- Trummer’s on Main in Clifton is offering a Mother’s Day meal from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Menu is $64 per person. To view their menu, check out their website.
- The Main St. Pub in Clifton will offer its Mother’s Day brunch from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Dinner starts at 4 p.m.
- Brion’s Grille in Fairfax Station is will also feature a Mother’s Day Brunch with three types of potatoes, waffles, bacon, and more.
- 2941 Restaurant in Falls Church is offering a three-course $68 menu. For more information, view their website.
- Paradise Springs Winery in Clifton is offering a Mother’s day brunch on the back patio of their new facility. Reservations required by either calling the winery at 703-830-9463 or emailing at email@example.com