Here is a comprehensive list of what is open and closed. As more information becomes available, Patch will update this list.
- City of Fairfax: City government offices are open, but liberal leave is in effect for many employees.
- Fairfax County Government Offices: Will be open Tuesday, however, employees have been granted unscheduled leave. Emergency service personnel should report as scheduled.
- Fairfax County Public Schools: Will be closed Tuesday. School Age Child Care (SACC) centers will also be closed.
- George Mason University: George Mason University administrative offices will open at 10:30 a.m. on Tuesday. Reading Day and exams will continue as scheduled. Shuttle services will begin at 9:30 a.m. Visit http://www.gmu.edu or call 703-993-1000 for more information.
- Northern Virginia Community College: All classes canceled and administrative offices closed.
- Parks, Community and Recreation and Community Centers: If you have questions about Park Authority facilities, contact the site directly, call the Parks inclement weather line at 703-324-8661, TTY 711, or visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/parks.
- Department of Neighborhood and Community Services: For questions about programs and events, visit www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs or call 703-324-4600, TTY 711.
- Fairfax Connector: Bus service may be affected by the inclement weather. Check the Connector Web page at www.fairfaxconnector.com for the current operating status.
- FASTRAN: Call 703-222-9764, press 8; TTY 711, or check online at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/ncs/fastran.htm for the latest updates about potential service interruptions.
- CUE: Buses will run on a regular schedule as close to posted schedule as weather permits. For more information, call 703-385-7859.
- Libraries: Library hours may be affected; call your local branch before visiting. For branch phone numbers, call 703-324-3100 or go to www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library.
- Fairfax County Public Meetings: View the public meetings calendar at www.fairfaxcounty.gov/calendar/ShowCalendar.aspx for any potential cancellations of public meetings of Fairfax County government Boards, Authorities or Commissions.
FOLLOW FAIRFAX CITY PATCH FOR THE LATEST NEWS AND EVENTS!Facebook | Twitter | Daily & Breaking News E-mail Updates