Looking to kill some time? Here is Patch's weekly round-up of must-see Internet destinations, geared specifically to Fairfax County residents.
- Chicago may have the most romantic transit system in America (the "L" system), but the most romantic station is none other than the Orange Line's Vienna/Fairfax-GMU stop. Congratulations, love birds! (for Chicago) (for Vienna/Fairfax GMU)
- Wondering just how the trains are running on the Metro? Howsmetro.com might help. There's an NSFW version, too.
- WTOP reports that Fairfax County has the highest men's life expectancy in the nation.
- The Reston Connection has a great gallery of their readers' dads to celebrate Father's Day.
- 2011 marks the 150th anniversary of Civil War, and Northern Virginia Magazine has a list of Civil War-related places and events you can go to this year.
- Stormwatch 7 Weather Blog reports that the first bears of the season have been spotted in Fairfax County! If you've got 20 minutes to spare, check out this YouTube video from the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries to learn more about these furry residents of Fairfax.