Invite a friend
The Vagina Monologues
Written by Eve Ensler and based on interviews conducted with women, The Vagina Monologues explores views on sex, relationships, and violence against women. Initially written as a celebration of vaginas and femininity the
production has evolved to support the movement to stop violence against women.The monologues contain stories relating to the vagina and women’s experiences
on a range of subjects such love, sex, rape, menstruation, and birth. Throughout the monologues lies an undercurrent of empowerment and what it means for women to inhabit and love their bodies.
Proceeds from the 2013 show benefit the Mason Victims of Violence Fund.
Tickets are $25 for community members; $5 for GMU students
Tickets are available online at cfa.gmu.edu or at the door!
Visit waves.gmu.edu for more information.
More About George Mason University Fairfax Campus
George Mason University's main campus is located just below Fairfax City in Fairfax County. Though mainly a commuter school, GMU is home to about 5,000 students, with more living in Fairfax City neighborhoods. GMU provides the immediate surrounding area with the Center for the Arts and Patriot Center, two large music, sports, events venues that attract big name bands and performers, as well as under-graduate and graduate academic programs and community fitness centers. Students living in GMU's dorms and apartments frequent Fairfax City businesses and streets. Expect to see groups of students walking and carpooling from the Fairfax campus to downtown bars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Other events here
- Chamber Orchestra Kremlin Sun, Oct 6, 4:00 pm
- Virginia Opera: Falstaff Fri, Oct 11, 8:00 pm
- Virginia Opera: Falstaff Sun, Oct 13, 2:00 pm
- Mariza Fri, Oct 18, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance Sat, Oct 19, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance Sun, Oct 20, 4:00 pm
- Lar Lubovitch Dance Company Fri, Oct 25, 8:00 pm
- L.A. Theatre Works: The Graduate Fri, Nov 1, 8:00 pm
- Irish Chamber Orchestra Sat, Nov 2, 8:00 pm
- Parsons Dance Sat, Nov 9, 8:00 pm