Invite a friend
Evenings Under the Stars
One of the purposes of George Mason's Observatory is to be a special place shared with our Northern Virginia and Washington D.C. community. Evenings “under the stars” each month will be offered to the region’s residents. During these special nights, attendees will enjoy stimulating presentations on the mysteries of outer space and other topics in science, given by our world class astronomer researchers and by scientists in other fields. People of all ages are invited and encouraged to come to these events where they will not just hear a talk but also be able to gaze up at the night sky through the only 32' diameter telescope you will find on any university campus in the East Coast! Views from our observatory will also be shared by millions of people around the world via the internet.
Check our website for updates and to see the start times for the events!
|Where||George Mason University Fairfax Campus 4400 University Dr, Fairfax, VA 22030|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||7:50 pm–10:00 pm|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About George Mason University Fairfax Campus
George Mason University's main campus is located just below Fairfax City in Fairfax County. Though mainly a commuter school, GMU is home to about 5,000 students, with more living in Fairfax City neighborhoods. GMU provides the immediate surrounding area with the Center for the Arts and Patriot Center, two large music, sports, events venues that attract big name bands and performers, as well as under-graduate and graduate academic programs and community fitness centers. Students living in GMU's dorms and apartments frequent Fairfax City businesses and streets. Expect to see groups of students walking and carpooling from the Fairfax campus to downtown bars on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings.
Other events here
- Chamber Orchestra Kremlin Sun, Oct 6, 4:00 pm
- Virginia Opera: Falstaff Fri, Oct 11, 8:00 pm
- Virginia Opera: Falstaff Sun, Oct 13, 2:00 pm
- Mariza Fri, Oct 18, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance Sat, Oct 19, 8:00 pm
- Hungarian State Folk Ensemble: Gypsy Romance Sun, Oct 20, 4:00 pm
- Lar Lubovitch Dance Company Fri, Oct 25, 8:00 pm
- L.A. Theatre Works: The Graduate Fri, Nov 1, 8:00 pm
- Irish Chamber Orchestra Sat, Nov 2, 8:00 pm
- Parsons Dance Sat, Nov 9, 8:00 pm