Police Officer Kicked By Woman, Criminals Target Parked Cars
January crime within the city limits.
A Fairfax City officer was allegedly kicked by an unruly, drunk woman in front of Buffalo Wing University on Jan. 6. Police also responded to numerous reports of items stolen from cars.
Here's the latest in Fairfax City crime:
- Vandalism, 3900 Block of University Drive / Parking Lot: Someone(s) struck the door and mirror of a car parked in the lot sometime between 10 p.m. Jan. 11 and 7:40 a.m. Jan. 12. The suspect(s) used an unknown object to damage the vehicle.
- Vandalism, 11000 Block of Park Road: Several unknown male juveniles are suspected of throwing rocks at and breaking windows on a building at around 4 p.m. Jan. 12.
- Fraud, 4200 Block of Allison Circle: A resident got a call from who he thought was a satellite television service employee on Jan. 5. The "employee" offered him an upgrade. Following the caller's instructions, the resident obtained a money card and told the caller the card number so the upgrade could be downloaded. The resident never received the upgrade. He was unable to reach the suspect after that.
- Shoplifting, K-Mart: Vanessa Cruz-Medina, 28, of Willow Crescent Drive was arrested for allegedly trying to steal merchandise at around 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 31. A security officer saw her allegedly attempt to conceal the items while in a fitting room then leave the store without paying for them. She was charged with petit larceny.
- Larceny, 4100 Block of Sideburn Road: The resident agreed to by a phone from someone he met over the Internet. The buyer came to the victim's house on Jan. 9 and took the money, promising to go get the phone. 9. The suspect then walked away, and never returned.
- Vandalism, Old Westmore School Building: Someone(s) spray-painted graffiti on a Westmore School wall. The graffiti was discovered by a patrol officer at around 1 a.m. on Jan. 10.
- Credit Card Fraud, 9622 Main Street / FedEx Office: Someone(s) stole a woman's credit card, which she had left at a copy machine in the FedEx store, on Jan. 6. The card was later used.
- Assault on an Officer, Buffalo Wing University: Judith Ann Fitzsimmons, 40, of no fixed address, allegedly kicked an officer while police were trying to arrest her for drunk in public at around 2:30 a.m. on Jan. 6. Officers had reported to the scene to deal with an unruly group. They convinced some of the group to leave, but arrested Fitzsimmons and William Patrick Abell, 48, of no fixed address, for drunk in public. Both refused to cooperate with the officers, but only Fitzsimmons received an additional assault on a police officer charge.
- Larceny, Piero’s Restaurant Parking Lot: Someone(s) broke a window on a parked vehicle and stole a laptop computer sometime between 8-10 p.m. on Jan. 6.
- Larceny, Richard Avenue/Terry Street: A woman left a taxi cab without paying at around 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 6. The cab driver had picked her up in Herndon.
- Larceny, Teenzy-Toon Restaurant Parking Lot: Someone(s) broke the windows on two parked cars and stole a laptop and a pair of shoes from within sometime after 9:30 p.m. on Jan. 6.
- Larceny, 3900 Block of Wilcoxson Drive: Someone(s) stole a large amount of cash from the home between Dec. 28 and Jan. 4.
- Vandalism, Hallman Street/Main Street: Someone(s) spray painted graffiti on the inside of a storm drain. An officer discovered the graffiti at around 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 7.
- Vandalism, Circle Barber Shop
- Larceny, Draper Drive Park
All information provided by City of Fairfax Police Department. Call 703-385-7960 with any tips related to these incidents.