Police: Money Bag Stolen From Safe, Teen Allegedly Found Rifling Through Vehicle
Latest Fairfax City crime news.
The following incident and arrest information was supplied by the City of Fairfax Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Latest crime news:
- Shoplifting, Golfsmith: A male customer left the store with three golf clubs without paying for then at around 11 a.m. Feb. 17.
- Larceny, Quick Lane: Someone(s) stole a money bag from a safe behind the Quick Lane front counter sometime after 8:45 a.m. Feb. 19. The safe had not been broken into.
- Vandalism, United Fairfax Travel: Someone(s) spray painted letters on the outside wall of the travel business building sometime between 5:45 p.m. Feb. 19 and 7:15 a.m. Feb. 20.
- Larceny, 10800 Block of Norman Avenue: Someone(s) stole a buck knife from a vehicle parked on Norman Avenue on Feb. 13.
- Larceny Arrest, Oakwood Drive/Maple Street: Tyrell Franklin Pearson, 20, of Allison Circle was arrested for allegedly stealing a wallet with cash and a credit card from a parked vehicle at around 5:21 a.m. Feb. 15. Pearson was charged with petit larceny.
- Larceny, 10300 Block of Sager Avenue: A 16-year-old Fairfax youth was charged with grand larceny and underage drinking after a Sager Avenue resident allegedly saw him taking items from his wife's unlocked vehicle on Feb. 19. Police located the kid in the area and released him to his father.
- Fraud Arrest, 9687 Fairfax Boulevard: Kevin William Ging, 28, of Saint Andrews Drive was arrested for allegedly failing to pay his taxi cab fare on Feb. 19 at around 1:22 a.m. He was charged with drunk in public and defrauding a taxi driver.
Information provided by City of Fairfax Police Department; where arrests or charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction. Call 703-385-7960 with any tips.