Police: Husky Man Steals H-Mart Shopper's Purse
Police also arrested a man wanted in three counties.
Fairfax City Police are searching for a husky man with a heavy red beard who grabbed a woman's purse from her H-Mart shopping cart and fled the store Sunday.
More crime news listings...
- Vandalism, 4000 Block of Maple Street: Someone(s) broke a rear sliding glass door of a home on Maple Street sometime during Nov. 9.
- Vandalism, Foxcroft Colony Condominiums: Someone(s) scratched a door and trunk of a vehicle parked at Foxcroft Colony Condominiums sometime after 5:30 p.m. on Nov. 10.
- Vandalism, Roberts Road/Aspen Willow Way: Someone(s) vandalized the spotlights at the entrance of the Aspen Grove community sometime after 7 p.m. on Nov. 11.
- Suspicious Vehicle, Pickett Road McDonald’s: A citizen contacted police after noticing a suspicious vehicle in the McDonald's parking lot. Officers arrived at 9:17 p.m. on Nov. 12 to check out the report. When they got there, they tried to identify the vehicle's three occupants. One was detained when he tried to flee. Police discovered that the man who tried to escape, Scott Robert Crampton, 19, of Piney Grove Court in Fairfax, was wanted in Louisa, Orange and Fairfax counties. He was taken to the Adult Detention Center and held without bond.
- Larceny, Super H-Mart: A 41-year-old Falls Church area woman told police an unknown man stole her purse from a shopping cart at H-Mart on Nov. 13. He grabbed the purse, which contained cash and identification, and fled the store. The suspect, described as a husky white man, about 40 years old, 5-feet 10-inches tall with a heavy red beard, left the scene in a vehicle.
- Identity Theft, 10800 Block of Norman Avenue: Someone(s) used a Norman Avenue resident's credit card numbers to make unauthorized purchases in Europe and Australia between Sept. 29 and Oct. 18.
- Attempted Larceny, Fairfax Racquet Club: Someone(s) damaged a Fairfax Racquet Club locker door while trying to steal clothing stowed within between 5:45-6 p.m. on Nov. 7.
Information provided by City of Fairfax Police Department.