Police: Argument on Way to Courthouse, Embezzlement, Noisy Neighbor
Latest Fairfax City crime news.
The following incident and arrest information was supplied by the City of Fairfax Police Department. It does not indicate a conviction.
Latest crime news:
- Burglary, Decision Analysis Partners: An employee told police Jan. 22 that she had noticed the office's front door damaged and some cash and business checks missing on Jan. 2.
- Larceny, Buffalo Wing University: Someone(s) took an iPhone from the pocket of a jacket left unattended at the Buffalo Wing University bar sometime between 11 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.
- Noise Violation Arrest, Mosby Woods Condominiums: Anvar Adelshin, 28, of Mosby Woods Drive was arrested after police warned residents time and again to keep it quiet. Adelshin was charged with a noise violation.
- Larceny, 3700 Block of Old Lee Highway: A cab driver turned to police after a man and woman fled from his vehicle without paying on Jan. 20. Police are awaiting the service of a warrant.
- Assault Arrest, Fairfax County General District Courthouse: Michael Burns, 20, of West Drive was arrested for allegedly hitting an 18-year-old Chantilly woman in the face as they walked toward the courthouse on Jan. 23. The pair had argued as they walked. Burns was charged with assault. The victim did not need medical treatment.
- Embezzlement Arrest, Home Depot: Joe Yasser Huamiz, 21, of Springfield was arrested on Jan. 23 for allegedly entering fake customer returns into the store system and keeping the money for himself. The incidents took place between Dec. 8 and Jan. 18. Huamiz was charged with embezzlement.
Information provided by City of Fairfax Police Department; where arrests or charges are mentioned it does not indicate a conviction. Call 703-385-7960 with any tips.