Metro Delays: Orange Line Single Tracking March 15-17
Click on your nearest station on the map to see when the next train arrives and to learn about any alerts.
Metrorail track work will impact the Orange and Red Lines this weekend.
On Saturday, March 16, the Metrorail system will open two hours early—at 5 a.m.—for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon.
According to a Metro news release:
- Orange Line trains will single track through two work zones: between East Falls Church and West Falls Church for Silver Line testing and between Stadium-Armory and Cheverly to allow for platform reconstruction, tie and insulator renewal and track maintenance.
- Orange Line trains between Vienna and New Carrollton will operate every 24 minutes throughout the weekend.
- On Saturday, March 16, between 5 a.m. and 9 p.m., additional trains will operate between East Falls Church and Stadium-Armory, resulting in service about every 12 to 15 minutes between those stations. Stations served by combined Blue/Orange trains will see even more frequent service.
- Customers traveling on the Orange Line should allow about 15 minutes of additional travel time.
- Free shuttle buses will replace Red Line trains between NoMa-Gallaudet and Takoma for ongoing platform reconstruction, track upgrades and DDOT bridge work.
- Three stations will be closed: Rhode Island Ave, Brookland and Fort Totten.
- Red Line trains will operate in two segments: between Glenmont and Takoma, and between NoMa-Gallaudet and Shady Grove.
- Trains will operate every 10 minutes from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. and every 15 minutes at other times.
- Shuttle bus service will operate between NoMa-Gallaudet and Takoma stations. Customers using shuttle bus service should add up to 40 minutes to their travel time. Customers can use Green Line trains between Fort Totten and Gallery Place to avoid the work zone.
- Note: To allow for bus connections, the last train of the night from Glenmont to Takoma will depart 38 minutes earlier than normal—at 1:59 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights and at 10:59 p.m. on Sunday night.